Rincón de la Vieja is one of the most active volcanoes in Costa Rica. It is a rigorous but spectacular, breathtaking hike around the area of Las Pailas, geothermal wonders! Over 300 species of birds have been recorded to live within the park. Along the hike, you will enjoy of around 32 rivers on this protected area, including the Colorado River and the Rio Blanco. The last one carves through a white volcanic ash call ignimbrite. These rivers provide water to the Tempisque River, one of the most important in the Guanacaste province.
What to bring: Light clothing, hiking shoes, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, camera, money and extra change of clothes. Copy of passport.
- Not recommended for people with heart conditions, physical limitations or pregnant women.
- This park is closed on Mondays.
- Children under 6 years old are not allowed.
- Children from 7 to 11 years pay a child rate.
- Children over 11 years old pay as adult.